I’m challenging myself to find more treats for our girls despite the lack of food choices and our latest experiment was enough of a success to share it with you……banana cookies using only two ingredients! This makes them wheat free, cow’s milk free, egg free, soya free and also super healthy as they are also sugar free. And for a gluten free option you could easily make them using gluten free porridge oats.
Here’s the simple recipe which makes around 12 small cookies….
- Heat the oven to 180 C
- Mash two ripe bananas
- Add 1 cup instant oat cereal (note that instant oat cereal is usually not suitable for those strictly avoiding cow’s milk. If necessary you could grind up regular porridge oats in a blender or coffee grinder instead)
- Add 1/2 cup porridge oats
- Roll into balls of around 1 tablespoon each and place on a greased baking tray or parchment paper. Flatten with a fork.
- Pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden on the outside
Simple! If you want to add to them why not try one of the following?
- chocolate chips
- a touch of golden syrup
- cocoa powder
- apple puree (decrease the banana or add more oat cereal)
- raisins or other dried fruit
Enjoy and leave a comment to let me know how you got on!